Updating in integrated mode

Feb 4, 2010 at 10:58 AM
Edited Feb 4, 2010 at 11:02 AM

Is there a way to specify to SmartLauncher to update only the target application in the Integrated mode

i.e. when launching eyelog.exe, only the containing folder: "\eyelog" will be updated.

Feb 5, 2010 at 11:08 AM

Hello,

normally this is done:

• When double clicking on the icon from the application start center, only that application is updated
  • When creating a shortcut (drag 'n drop the icon from the start panel onto the desktop), you will notice that SmartLauncher is started with the name of the application in parameter: this way, it also updates only that application

You can also avoid the entire repository from being updated when SmartLauncher is started without parameters in the config file (parameter "UpdateOnStart")

You can also avoid an application to be updated when it is started with the configuration setting "UpdateOnLaunch"

I think with these parameters you can manage many cases:

• Update on start (of SmartLauncher) and on launch (of the application)
  • Update on start only
  • Update on launch only
  • Never update

Hope this helps!
Serge

Feb 5, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Thank you for your fast and detailed support,

Please consider the following situation:

File: \ApplicationA\SectionA\AppAsecA.exe

File: \ApplicationA\SectionB\AppAsecB.exe

File: \ApplicationB\AppB.exe

When launching AppAsecA.exe all the above folders are updated. What i wish to do is update \ApplicationA\SectionA folder only.

Please let me know if this feature exists with the current version of SmartLaunched and if so how to enable it.

Thank you again for your time.