Is this project dead or just really stable?

Jun 8, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I havent seen any activity in this project for some months is it active or inactive?

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2009 at 7:10 AM

Hello Niclas,

there was no activity simply because no new features were asked. Unless bugs are not reported, SmartLauncher seems to be quite stable. Don't hesitate to try it and give me some feedback.

Best regards,
Serge

Jun 9, 2009 at 7:25 PM

Hi again, I have looked through the application, and I wondering how I can have an http repository is it possible? It would be really cool :).

Coordinator
Jun 10, 2009 at 9:08 AM

Unfortunately, it was not foreseen. My basic need was to access a repository through the network. I started to think about HTTP and/or FTP but the main concern was to get the list of files (especially in HTTP), dates and versions with having to maintain a listing. Another way, was to integrate a web service instead.

And there my brainstorm ended, because of other urgent projects...

Do you plan to use this solution in an organisation? If yes, for security purpose, you might want to secure and restrict your repository. Maybe you could setup a shared on your network?

Serge

Jun 10, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Im out for the possibility to have it work over internet cause I'm wondering to have it to replace installation updates and so on, so my company customers wont need to update their software, it would be uptodate when they starts it :). Thats my vision, are there any other solution for what I'm are after?

May 7, 2010 at 7:46 PM

any updates ??

Can I updater Windows Services with SmartLauncher ??

and Generate Publish for Click ONce ??

Thanks , it's great 

Coordinator
May 11, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Good evening,

Updating Windows services is out of the initial scope of the project. Automatically updating a windows service is indeed a great suggestion (Thanks, I never thought about that before), but I'm afraid it is a really specific project.

Generating a publish for Click Once is definitely out of the scope: I encourage you to start a new project (or extend mine) to achieve that goal

Best regards,
Serge

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Not mor updates in 2011 happy new year ??

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Best wishes for 2011!

I am currently on other development projects; I don't plan to work on SmartLauncher for a while. 

Anyway, the source code is available: feel free to extend it to suit the best your needs!

Best regards
Serge